In Clonezilla live, there is a sample script file called:
"/usr/share/drbl/samples/gen-rec-usb"

It can let you create a recovery USB flash drive directly from the
machine by Clonezilla live. There is no need to have an image as an
intermediate if you use that. Check its content and you can see some
description in the file's header.

Steven

On 4/17/2016 PM 11:26, Adnan RIHAN wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, I was set on digest and only saw your answers now.
>
> I’ll try to make it clearer.
> Let’s say I have a partition to backup, used 20GB on 32GB. I have a
> USB key of 32GB.
>
> If I make a clone, I will use ~20GB on my USB key with an image. Then
> I want to make a restauration disk. Then, clonezilla will try to copy
> some files from the live system + the images to make a zip file.
>
> The thing is I don’t have enough space, in fact, it’s not necessary if
> CZ doesn’t try to copy AND zip. It could either copy the live system
> files, make a symlink (or not) and stop the process (without trying to
> zip it). Because in that particular situation, I don’t see the point.
> I’ve just made a backup, it’s not necessary to make a zip of the
> backup.
> --
> Cordialement, Adnan RIHAN
>
> GPG: 5675-62BA (https://keybase.io/max13/key.asc)
> ⇒ If you are not using GPG/PGP but want to send me an encrypted
> e-mail: https://encrypt.to/0x567562BA.

Steven Shiau <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 4096R/47CF935C
Fingerprint: 0240 1FEB 695D 7112 62F0  8796 11C1 12DA 47CF 935C