Hi all,

I'm using Clonezilla to make periodically image backups of my OpenSuse VPS.
Booting VPS with Clonezilla, imnage to be stored via ssh to my local OpenSuse
PC, at home. Finally to an external USB hdd. Images are additionaly, to regular
delta-based rsnapshot backups.
File systems are all ext4, except small boot partition.

Recognized that Clonezilla is able to send only data for "used" disk space via
network, for unecrypted disks, makes it much faster.

Had to image my company laptop, win10, encrypted hdd, all NTFS, once. 1 TB hdd,
only 300+ GB in use. Not 100% sure, but AFAI remember Clonezilla sent all 1 TB.
But I'm sure that clonezilla didn't ask for a passphrase to unlock. Reasonable,
as some proprietary enc. solution on that laptop.

My question, not tested: For an encrypted (LUKS) hdd on Linux, LVM/EXT4, is
Clonezilla also sending the while disk via network? Or unlocking first before
imaging, and sending only the used blocks?

Regards,
stay healthy!
Michael