Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I've been using CloneZilla in my home to do backup & recovery of systems for the entire Family.

I have a working setup for both Legacy BIOS and UEFI which allows me to start CloneZilla Live from PXE.

Here's my BIOS Entry:
LABEL clonezilla 2020/04/28
  MENU LABEL clonezilla_2020/04/28
  KERNEL /netboot/clonezilla-20200428/vmlinuz
  APPEND initrd=/netboot/clonezilla-20200428/initrd.img boot=live username=user union=overlay
config components quiet noswap edd=on nomodeset nodmraid locales= keyboard-layouts=
ocs_live_run="ocs-live-general" ocs_live_extra_param="" ocs_live_batch=no
net.ifnames=0 nosplash noprompt
fetch=http://imladris.lasthome.solace.krynn/clonezilla-20200428/filesystem.squashfs

Here's my UEFI Entry:
menuentry 'clonezilla 2020/04/28' --class fedora --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
        linuxefi /netboot/clonezilla/vmlinuz boot=live username=user union=overlay config
components quiet noswap edd=on nomodeset nodmraid locales= keyboard-layouts=
ocs_live_run="ocs-live-general" ocs_live_extra_param="" ocs_live_batch=no
net.ifnames=0 nosplash noprompt
fetch=http://imladris.lasthome.solace.krynn/clonezilla/filesystem.squashfs
        initrdefi /netboot/clonezilla/initrd.img

The filesystem.squashfs, vmlinuz and initrd.img are those found on the 2020/04/28 ISO image of alternative clonezilla:

It works fine (tm) but I tried updating to a more recent version and all of my attempts have failed so far.

When I boot using the same kind of process but with a more recent image, I get:
live-boot will now start a shell. The error message was:

    Unable to find a live file system on the network

This is expected since the system appears to try to find a NIC named 'fommmedia' as shown in the boot.log:

(initramfs) cat /boot.log
Waiting for ethernet card(s) up...If this fails, maybe the ethernet card is not supported by the kernel 5.13.0-22-generic?
Waitingfor link to come up on eth0...
Link is up
ip: can't find device 'frommedia'
ip: an inet address is expected rather than "frommedia"
ip: SIOCGIFFLAGS: no such device
wget: bad address 'imladris.lasthome.solace.krynn'

Even /etc/resolv.conf shows something went wrong:
(initramfs) cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver frommedia

Any ideas? Perhaps my boot arguments (which used to work fine on 5.5.0 no longer work on 5.13.0).

Both Legacy BIOS and UEFI clients (even VMs) show the same issue (even VMs). Here are my boot arguments (in case I got something wrong):

APPEND initrd=/netboot/clonezilla-20220103/initrd.img boot=live union=overlay username=user hostname=impish config quiet components noswap edd=on nomodeset enforcing=0 locales= keyboard-layouts= ocs_live_run="ocs-live-general" ocs_live_extra_param="" ocs_live_batch="no" vga=788 net.ifnames=0 i915.blacklist=yes radeonhd.blacklist=yes nouveau.blacklist=yes vmwgfx.enable_fbdev=1 fetch=http://imladris.lasthome.solace.krynn/clonezilla-20220103/filesystem.squashfs

Any help would be much apreciated... Thank you,

Kind regards,

Vincent