On 5/4/23 10:51, Antonio Olivares wrote:

On Wednesday, May 3, 2023, Steven Shiau <ste...@narlabs.org.tw> wrote:

    So which version of Clonezilla live did you use?

Latest version.
Please let us know the exact file you have downloaded and used, e.g., "clonezilla-live-3.1.0-22-amd64.zip".

How did you use that? Created an image of a 32 GB pny SD card with previous version.
    Please let us know your steps in detail so that we can help you.

Used a 64 bit SD card ADATA brand from
device - image
restore image
Used the same ratio -k option
swapped  the SDcard systemd reports the error message
Have tried same size 32GB SD cards same brand and I get error messags that the card is not the same size.  I have only succeeded on 1 of 4 or 5 attempts and with RaspiOS as with Fedora I get that root account locked and cannot login but error message.
So it looks the OS you were cloning is about Raspberry PI? It's ARM-based, but the file system should be OK if you put the SD card to x86 machine. As for the "root account locked", did you mean you boot the restored RaspiOS and it's locked? Not booting Clonezilla live, and it's locked, right?

If so, then maybe you have to find where the RaspiOS has such a mechanism. Sometimes it uses hardware-specific ID in the /etc/fstab so that it can not be cloned. You have to change that to software-based so that it can be cloned, for example.

Steven

Best Regards,

Antonio.

    Steven