Hi,
So I think the basic idea here is to attempt to mount the cdrom to verify that
there is in fact a cdrom.
Thats not an entirely bad idea, but it seems like it might be sufficient to
either:

a.) always add 'dev/cd0' on freebsd and let the code in get_data just attempt
to mount, which means we would not be mounting the thing twice.
b.) attempt an 'open' and read of /dev/cd0.
  this would be quicker than a mount, and at least on linux the 'open' would
fail if the cdrom does not have any disk in it.

ie:

  if util.is_FreeBSD():
      cdrom_dev = "/dev/cd0"
      try:
         with open(cdrom_dev) as fp:
            fp.read(1024)
            devlist.append(cdrom_dev)
      except IOError:
         pass

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~redriver/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/325207
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of