On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 03:36:03PM -0400, David Gay wrote:
> Hey --
>
> An update on progress with the ostree/atomic work:
>
> lmacken has written up a Fedmsg-triggered composer that runs ostree composes
> when repos are updated:
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg-atomic-composer. As of our
> conversation earlier today, it's almost ready for testing in stg. We're
> thinking that we'll use compose01.stg for this purpose temporarily, since
> nothing's running on it at the moment. We'll stand up MM1 there and see if we
> can get it to play with the composer. The idea lmacken suggested is to inject
> the ostree summary data into the yum metadata, pointing repomd.xml at it
> (using modifyrepo). IMO this sounds like a solid plan.

The current metalink support in ostree expects a binary GVariant ostree
summary file directly, and not a yum repomd.xml.
https://bug729585.bugzilla-attachments.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=283981

I wrote code today that injects the summary into the repodata via
modifyrepo, like you mentioned. However, this approach will require
rpm-ostree to use librepo to parse the repomd.xml (as root).

If we want to avoid this and get the current MirrorManager1 to support
releases with non-xml metalink pointers, then we'd need to extract a
timestamp from the ostree summary file instead of the repomd.xml:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/mirrormanager/tree/server/update-master-directory-list#n215

This could be done by looking at the filesystem timestamp, or Colin said
he would probably add a timestamp field to the summary file that we
could pull from.

luke