On 03/03/2015 03:04 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
Plan to post tomorrow. Anything to add/change here? Sorry for the delay!

Good article. Since you mention "yum", you might want to add that each line in a dockerfile creates a "layer", we have to "yum clean" every layer to remove the cache. That can save a significant amount of space. To compare, just build an image without the "yum clean all" on each layer and compare. After the container is built, if someone wants to review what happened during build, they can use "docker history <image id> and get a summary. You can also "docker run" each individual layer, which is why we don't store secrets.

http://fpaste.org/192977/