In general, if you are using a Python virtual environment on k8s, you
should only modify it from a shell in a matching k8s container. The
easiest way to do this is with `webservice --backend=kubernetes
python3.9 shell` (or whatever version you are using). If the python
version you're using matches what's in use on the Buster bastion, it
should work, but using a k8s shell will be the most reliable.