The steps to migrate a server are very project-dependent. If the
project has good documentation about how to install their software,
where their data is stored, where the configuration is and what it
does, etc then someone with Linux experience can usually reinstall the
project on a new server fairly quickly. If that information doesn't
exist then migration by anyone other than the original maintainer will
be very difficult.

I will say that an OS change is a good time to onboard new maintainers.

AntiCompositeNumber
(they/him)