From: Mice Xia [mailto:mice_...@tcloudcomputing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 10:15 AM
To: CloudStack DeveloperList
Subject: About global configuration 'encoding.api.response'

Hi, folks,

I noticed there is a global configuration ‘encode.api.response’ with default
value ‘false’, its description says it’s about UTF-8 encoding.

But configuring it to ‘true’ does not change the encoding of response, it
actually does a URLEncode, like replacing space with %20;

And XML response header is hardcoded with ISO-8859-1, which has nothing to do
with this global configuration.

I wonder if there is any history of this global configuration, its description
is ambiguous, can it be safely removed or hidden from UI?

Regards

Mice