On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 09:07:07AM -0400, Wido den Hollander wrote:

> > This was tried in the past and backfired when non-committers send
> > through patches that get formatted by mail clients and have CRLF
> > issues when applied by the committer.
> >

> I think this happens when people attach their patches, but if you send
> them with "git send-email" they will go through just fine.
>
> HTML mail clients and stuff make garbage of patches. That's why I'm
> again HTML e-mail on this mailinglist.

True - it's not necessarily the non-committer sending it through an
HTML client but some of our committers are forced in one way or
another to adhere to Outlook like clients.

> > 3) extra workflow step of submitter closing the patch request
> >
> > These probably should be addressed by tooling.
>
> Do you mean reviewboard tooling or tooling for patches through e-mail?

I meant reviewboard tooling/fix so it doesn't strip out author
information and so that git am works. Rohit's beaten me to the request
with RB's team. It might take too much time before apache infra
decides to upgrade the reviews.a.o though.

--
Prasanna.,