Hi,
I am working on the standalone NIC feature described in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/AWS+Style+NIC+support

The work is staged in https://github.com/siwater/incubator-cloudstack (branch
standalone-nic) and the phase 1 development (see feature spec/appendix) is
ready for review.

There are some overlaps at the API command level with the work being done for
multiple/secondary IP address support (list NICs, update NIC)  - I would
propose we discuss what/how to merge as part of the next phase of the work.

Hopefully some of you busy people will get the time to take a look and give me
some feedback, also what is required to get the contribution committed to
master branch

Thanks
Simon