Itamar Syn-Hershko wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Thanks. However, the O_LARGEFILE flag isn't supported on Windows (for all
> versions as far as I can tell), and might not be supported on other Linux
> distributions, and on Mac. That being said, this is something we need to
> test and find a solution for (probably another cmake check). I'm no
> cross-platform wiz, so anyone willing to take this up please be my guest.

Thanks for looking into this.

It's true that Windows doesn't support this flag. I believe on Windows
you don't have the open64 style functions either so you must use the
Windows API equivalents (e.g. CreateFile()). I can see how inconvenient
this can get though as you probably won't be able to get away with a
platform-agnostic _cl_open() function...

> On that note, I haven't tested your code to see if it crashes on Windows as
> well. Might be interesting to see tho.

I believe it should though definitely something worth testing.

> I see no reason why this will break StandardAnalyzer. Can you provide more
> details please?

Honestly I don't know why it would either. It may not have been my
changes actually, cel tix44 just sent out an email saying the last two
commits broke the StandardAnalyzer ("[CLucene-dev] StandardAnalyzer
broken - GIT    364c21b6c3f54fbb90df223621b660197366fb93"). I was using git
to switch from my branch to head and I thought that the StandardAnalyzer
was working in HEAD though I may have made a mistake...

The exact problem is missing norms. When I generate a new file and open
it in Luke or query with CLucene only the first term processed with
StandardAnalyzer has a norm (of 1.0) and every other term has zero norm
and won't appear in search results.

I am currently using StopAnalyzer and it works fine so I wonder if the
problem is somewhere in StandardFilter?

--
Michael Levin <mele...@stanford.edu>