On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 12:39:25AM -0500, Wendy Cheng wrote:
> +#define DEBUG 0
> +#define fo_printk(x...) ((void)(DEBUG && printk(x)))

Please don't introduce more debugging helpers but use the existing
ones.

> +extern __u32 in_aton(const char *str);

This is properly declared in <linux/inet.h>

> +     return (nfsd_fo_cmd(where, fo_path, 0));

no braces around the return values please.  (happens multiple times)

> +int
> +nfsd_fo_cmd(int cmd, char *datap, int grace_period)
> +{
> +     struct nameidata nd;
> +     void *objp = (void *)datap;
> +     int rc=0;
> +
> +     if (cmd == NFSD_FO_PATH) {
> +             rc = path_lookup((const char *)datap, 0, &nd);
> +             if (rc) {
> +                     fo_printk("nfsd: nfsd_fo path (%s) not found\n", datap);
> +                     return rc;
> +             }
> +             fo_printk("nfsd: nfsd_fo lookup path = (0x%p,0x%p)\n",
> +                     nd.mnt, nd.dentry);
> +             objp = (void *) &nd;
> +     }
> +     return (nlmsvc_fo_cmd(cmd, objp, grace_period));

this has nothing in common for the two cases except for the final
function call.  Please just inline this function into the caller which
gives you quite a bit of nice cleanup by not passing all the parameters
in odd ways aswell.

And btw, I think this code has quite a bit too much debug printks,
almost more than code.  I'd be better readable by reducing that.

> +static inline int
> +nlmsvc_fo_unlock_match(void *datap, struct nlm_file *file)
> +{
> +     nlm_fo_cmd *fo_cmd = (nlm_fo_cmd *) datap;
> +     int cmd = fo_cmd->cmd;
> +     struct path *f_path;
> +
> +     fo_printk("nlm_fo_unlock_match cmd=%d\n", cmd);
> +
> +     if (cmd == NFSD_FO_VIP) {

Please split this into two separate functions for the NFSD_FO_VIP/
NFSD_FO_PATH cases as there's just about nothing in common for the two.

>  {
> +     /* Cluster failover has timing constraints. There is a slight
> +      * performance hit if nlm_fo_unlock_match() is implemented as
> +      * a match fn (since it will be invoked for each block, share,
> +      * and lock later when the lists are traversed). Instead, we
> +      * add path-matching logic into the following unlikely clause.
> +      * If matches, the dummy nlmsvc_fo_match will always return
> +      * true.
> +      */
> +     dprintk("nlm_inspect_files: file=%p\n", file);
> +     if (unlikely(match == nlmsvc_fo_match)) {
> +             if (!nlmsvc_fo_unlock_match((void *)host, file))
> +                     return 0;
> +             fo_printk("nlm_fo find lock file entry (0x%p)\n", file);
> +     }

That's a quite nast hack.  Did you benchmark the the match fn variant
to see if there is actually any mesurable difference?  Also no need
to downcast pointers to void *, it's implicit in C.

> +     /* "if" place holder for NFSD_FO_RESUME */
> +     {

no need for such placeholders.

> +/* cluster failover support */
> +
> +typedef struct {
> +     int     cmd;
> +     int     stat;
> +     int     gp;
> +     void    *datap;
> +} nlm_fo_cmd;

please don't introduce typedefs for struct types.