Hi all,

I've been playing with connecting my Gloss 'media centre' to the Myth
backend and have got to the point where I am able to receive live TV
streams through a socket, however being fairly new to media type apps
I'm not sure what the best way to flow this stream through to gst is.
I tried dumping the data to a temporary buffer file and having
gstreamer read from that and whilst this works initially, the video
stops playing when gstreamer has read upto the point at which it
started.
Eg. If I tell gst to start reading the file when it has 5 seconds of
buffered video, it will play for 5 seconds only, even though by that
time another 5 seconds will have been written to the file.

This is very much a noob type question, but can anyone advise on what
is the best way to have this data stream fed through to gst?

On a secondary note and in the hopes of saving others some pain, I
discovered that if you're using python with clutter and are making use
of multiple threads, then you need to execute the following line
before the clutter.main() loop is started:
gtk.threads_init()

Failing to do so will cause strange things to happen in your threads,
the most likely being that they will simply stop executing randomly.
This might be obvious to anyone who has worked with gtk and threads in
python before, but it might save someone some time.

Cheers

-Josh