On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 23:24 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

> > Is that the correct solution?
>
> no, since libGL.so might not be the actual library (it really depends on
> the platform). NULL should open every symbol in the current module
> space:

just add more details: Clutter dlopen()s its own address space as well,
to find functions like the alpha functions with ClutterScript. it all
works fine in C, Perl and I'd guess C++ and Ruby; it doesn't work with
Python[1]. that's why it's a Python issue, which should be solved at the
Python level. dlopen()-ing libclutter-$backend-$version.so is not going
to work, from a maintainership point of view[2].

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

+++

[1] I had to add a whitelist of the alpha functions Clutter provides,
with their name and a function pointer.
[2] and let's be serious: if only python has this issue, it tells a lot
about python.

--
Emmanuele Bassi, OpenedHand Ltd.
Unit R, Homesdale Business Centre