Hi,

Le Sun, 7 Sep 2008 14:18:46 +0200,
"Philippe ENTZMANN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I successfully use pyclutter as a menu/launcher for several OpenGL
> applications.
> The whole is running in straight X window (no window manager nor
> desktop manager).
>
> I would like to use clutter too to display something "over" the
> running OpenGL applications.
> I tried xosd which is working fine but very limited.
>
> I wonder if this kind of OSD behaviour is possible with clutter ?
> Is there a kind of fullscreen transparent stage ?
> Is it in the scope of clutter ?

I had definitely say no.  IMHO, you keep your default stage, and uses
something like DBUS so that you can display specific messages onto the
default stage.

I didn't look deep into the "clutter compositor" hack, but it sounds
interesting...
http://wingolog.org/archives/2008/07/26/so-you-want-to-build-a-compositor

My 2 rants
Mike