On Thursday 18 November 2010, Marcel Loose wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been following this discussion with interest for quite a while. I
> was wondering if both worlds could be united (Alex's and David's) if it
> were possible to set cmake_minimum_required on the command line? That
> way Alex can be happy, because he doesn't have to modify CMakeLists.txt
> files - something he cannot do for previous KDE releaeses; and David
> will be happy, because old projects will not suddenly break due to some
> incompatible changes in CMake.

This is a misunderstanding.
This whole discussion is not about old projects breaking due to *incompatible*
changes in cmake, but about old projects breaking due to *fully backward
compatible* changes in cmake.

A command line switch for cmake to switch policies to NEW or OLD sounds good
to me. The cygwin guys probably would also like it.

Alex