The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Modestas Vainius
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11885
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2011-02-21 15:40 EST
Last Modified:              2011-02-21 15:40 EST
Headers of those files state:

#/* FILE: wccpp.nt
# *
# *          Copyright (c) 2008
# *          TouchNet Information Systems, Inc.
# *          All Rights Reserved
# *
# *  This program is an unpublished copyright work of TouchNet Information
# *  Systems, Inc. of Lenexa, KS.  The program, all information disclosed
# *  and the matter shown and described hereon or herewith are confidential
# *  and proprietary to TouchNet Information Systems, Inc.
# *
# ******************************************************************************
# *
# * $LastChangedBy: kientzle $
# * $Locker: $
# * $ProjectName: $
# * $ProjectRevision: $
# * $LastChangedRevision: 29 $
# * $LastChangedDate: 2008-05-05 18:10:33 -0400 (Mon, 05 May 2008) $
# * $State$
# * $RCSfile$
# * $Source$
# *
# * Change Log:
# * $Log: $
# *
# */

So licensing looks really dubious to me (confidential and proprietary, huh?). I
would like to get some clarification.

While Debian packages use external libarchive and these files are MS-Windows
specific anyway, this issue would still require me to "clean up" (i.e. dfsg) the
upstream tarball before upload to Debian archive. I would really like to avoid
this procedure if possible.

In the long term, it seems wrong that you ship cmake external dependencies
inside the cmake tarball. IMO, it would make sense to ship external dependencies
bundle in its own tarball if you absolutely have to.

The bug was originally reported at https://bugs.debian.org/614390.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change