Hi,

again from the KDE sprint...

We have around 150 cmake modules in kdelibs...
Several libraries are not "before" kdelibs, so they don't have access to
those.

So, what we came up with is that create a new package which just contains our
cmake modules, so they can be used by non-KDE applications.
Of course, there we will also have to care about source compatibility and e.g.
the required cmake version.

So this is a middle ground between having this stuff in kdelibs and getting it
completely upstreamed into cmake.

I just noticed that there is https://github.com/rpavlik/cmake-modules .
Maybe we can simple contribute to that one.

I'll get in contact and we'll see what comes out of it.

Do you think this is a reasonable plan or do you see conceptual issues with it
?

Alex