On 2011-06-15 16:19-0400 Mantis Bug Tracker wrote:

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Julien Malik
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12280
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-06-15 16:19 EDT
I have swig 1.3 installed, but not 2.0
CMake won't find swig automatically.

If I install 2.0, swig is found correctly.

The attached patch fixes it.
Seems like find_program is not called with conventions from the documentation.

Steps to Reproduce:
project(TestFindSWIG)
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
find_package(SWIG)

Brad has accepted this patch and closed the bug.  However, I am
interested because PLplot uses swig-1.3 with no user reports of
problems (has done for years).  I personally have never seen swig
finding problems for Linux and also a MinGW/MSYS/wine platform.
Furthermore, I cannot reproduce the bug even with the simple test
example above for my platform (Debian stable with CMake-2.8.4 that I
built myself, and swig version 1.3.40-3).

On the other hand, the patch does look correct to me.  So, Brad, how
in the world does find_package(SWIG) work at all for both my Linux and
wine platforms?  Or to put it another way, for what platforms (with
swig-1.3) will this bug be triggered (until the fix goes into a
release)?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).