On 2011-07-31 09:11-0400 Brad King wrote:

On 7/30/2011 3:52 AM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
   CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/flags.make:6: *** missing separator.  Stop.
[snip]
That "missing separator" issue makes me think I may be running into
some length limit with cmake.

The error is coming from the Make tool, not CMake.  Try running
CMake with --debug-trycompile so it leaves behind the offending
flags.make file.  Look at the file to see if there is anything
funny looking on that line.

It looks okay to me, but I am not familiar with the format of that
file so I have attached it so you can see for yourself.  Also, to help
you replicate exactly what I did using the minimal CMakeLists.txt file
I posted, here is how I created that CFLAGS:

export CFLAGS=$(gcc -c -Q -O0 --help=optimizers \
|grep enabled |sed -e "s?\\[enabled\\]? ?g" -e "s? -f? -fno-?g")
CFLAGS="-g $CFLAGS"

Alan
__________________________
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).
__________________________

Linux-powered Science
__________________________
# CMAKE generated file: DO NOT EDIT!
# Generated by "Unix Makefiles" Generator, CMake Version 2.8

# compile C with /usr/bin/gcc
C_FLAGS =    -fno-align-loops
  -fno-argument-alias
  -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables