Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

>> > What I once tried to do was: build a bunch of libraries (both shared
>> > and static), link in some ways, and then export just one shared library
>> > that had the link dependencies set to empty. CMake didn't let me, it
>> > always wanted to have me export all the other stuff, too.
>>
>> When you talk about exports you're talking about install(foo EXPORTS ...)
>> right?
>
> Yes.
>
>> And when you say CMake didn't let you, do you mean that the installed
>>
>> lib/cmake/foo/fooTargets-debug.cmake
>>
>> contains
>>
>>   IMPORTED_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES_DEBUG "Bar;Baz"
>>
>> though it shouldn't contain Baz? What did you do to make it not contain
>> Baz, assuming I've restated your issue correctly?
>
> Nope, it gave me a CMake error when trying to make an export for Bar
> because it depends on Baz and Baz wasn't exported.
>
> At the end I just exported everything for our local build stuff and didn't
> pass any of these files to users that could have used them, but provided a
> Find*.cmake for them.

That sounds like 'just' a bug, right? I can't see how that relates to using

set(CMAKE_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES "")

instead of

macro(wrapper_add_library)
  add_library(${ARGN})
  target_link_libraries(${ARG1} LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES "")
endmacro()

Then again, I haven't understood your issue, because what I understand from
your issue would make almost the entire exports stuff not work, so clearly I
have not understood your issue.

It looks like it should either be a bug report or a documented limitation
though.

All the best,

Steve.