On 11/02/2011 06:32 PM, David Faure wrote:
On Monday 31 October 2011 21:47:31 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
No, it's the other way around, in KDE. $ grep Q_OBJECT kautosavefile.* kautosavefile.h: Q_OBJECT $ grep moc kautosavefile.cpp #include "kautosavefile.moc"
If it did additionally other things, this was more or less accidentially.
How does qmake handle such cases ?
Checking....
Indeed qmake expects moc_foo.cpp for the standard case (Q_OBJECT in header).
This is why kde4automoc was made to support both moc filenames, so that it
could be compatible with the kde way of doing it (foo.moc) and with the qmake
way of doing it (moc_foo.cpp).

Oh well, if you want to stick to that we'll change all of KDE, for the benefit
of a clearer future indeed... At least it won't be an source incompatible
change for app developers since they will have to enable CMAKE_AUTOMOC to get
into this situation. Merely upgrading cmake or KDE (even to frameworks 5)
won't trigger it. OK not exactly, find_package(kde4) will stop working so they
will -have- to port to CMAKE_AUTOMOC, it will be the only solution
available...

If cmake in master is already doing what qmake does wrt the names of these files, and KDE wants the opposite, maybe we can make

set(CMAKE_AUTOMOC_KDE_HACK ON)

enable the opposite, and then we in KDE can actively port away from it without needing it immediately.

Thanks,

Steve.