On 1/17/2012 1:50 PM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
Commit 20980ef56a847fec7922983257fd5be467b689bd changed the FindPythonInterp

For reference:

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=20980ef5

Today a user was in #cmake that had a system default python that was some 3.x
version, and therefore /usr/bin/python was a symlink to /usr/bin/python3. The
current module has no possiblity for a developer to specify that
FindPythonInterp should search for python2 first. So I wrote the attached
patch which allow the developer to say that a python2 or python3 major version
should be preferred.

This is actually a bit hacky, but nevertheless "works for him"(tm).
[snip]
> +# You may specify either PYTHONINTERP_PREFER_PYTHON2 or
> +# PYTHONINTERP_PREFER_PYTHON3 to tell the module to probe for a specific
> +# python major version first.

Can this use the version argument to find_package?  If a project's
python code works only with 2 or only with 3 why bother even looking
for other versions?