On 2/28/2012 1:38 PM, David Cole wrote:
Wait for Eike to reply here. He's been requiring version variables to
be set if the package is found in this test. I'm sure he'll either
patch this up so it works or exclude svn from the version variable
test depending on how hard it is to detect this situation...

If the package is not required, then we can not error out if it finds a bad copy of some software and can't figure out the version number. No matter what

find_package(foo)

Can not cause an error at CMake time.

-Bill