Hi developers,

As some of you have heard, Apple released Mountain Lion yesterday alongside a
new release of Xcode (4.4).

Back in XCode 4.2, Apple decided to make the clang/LLVM compiler the default in
XCode

Whenever I run the Xcode generator and Configure my project, I noticed that
CMAKE_C_COMPILER is pointing to /usr/bin/gcc. However, when I open the project
up in Xcode, I noticed that the compiler is still set to Default (LLVM 3.0) and
all the messages indicate that clang is being run.

I'm not sure this behavior is new to Xcode 4.4 or Mountain Lion or regresses
back to Lion/Xcode 4.3 as I haven't used Xcode for development of my project
since Snow Leopard/Xcode 3.x.

Could anyone advise?

Thanks,

Ho Cheung