Hi,
I see a problem in setting the source property for a certain file, say x.cpp.

        set_property(SOURCE x.cpp APPEND COMPILE_DEFINITIONS XX="something")

At first glance, this seems to work well, in that only x.cpp gets compiled with
'-DXX="something"'.
Unfortunately, if "something" changes, the effect is, that _all_ sources in the
relevant
directory are recompiled. (I expected the recompilation of x.cpp only).

This may depend on the build system. In my case "Unix makefiles". The reason is
that each object file created for this directory depends on "flags.make", which
changes accordingly.

If one has hundreds of files in the source dir, this is less welcome.

        Kornel