Adding the freeglut library to GLUT module would be solution for systems where installed glut lib. What if some one decide install latest FreeGLUT lib from source? In your case for succesful use of FreeGLUT i need install additional packages (glutg3 glutg3-dev in Debian). So, for me special module for FreeGLUT is more clear solution. May be im wrong, please fix me...

С уважением,
Янчарук Александр
alex.yancha...@yandex.ru <mailto:alex.yancha...@yandex.ru>