2013/1/10 Nils Gladitz <glad...@sci-vis.de>:
> Is a license text file pointed to by CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENSE expected to
> have a specific encoding (ASCII, Latin1, UTF-8, ...)?

I don't know but I bet that some encoding may be accepted by some
CPack generator
and poorly handled by others.

CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENSE is used by:

STGZ
WIX
DragNDrop
PackageMaker
NSIS

WIX has documentation about that:
see cpack --help-variable CPACK_WIX_LICENSE_RTF

For the other generators I bet ASCII should work other encoding "may" work.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org