On 01/15/2013 03:20 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> https://gitorious.org/~steveire/cmake/steveires-
> cmake/commit/020b692e7becdc82eb68484abfa3069029b0c8b1
>
> https://gitorious.org/~steveire/cmake/steveires-
> cmake/commit/530209f7a6e3fd323ebd429e53c01d1eebee7480
>
> I introduced a policy to link the qtmain lib only if the policy is NEW.

Neat.

This hunk:

+    "\n"
+    "The OLD behavior for this policy is not to link executables to "
+    "qtmain.lib automatically when they link to QtCore.",

should specify the NEW behavior too in order to follow our standard
pattern even though it is obvious in this case.

This hunk:

+    set_property(TARGET Qt4::QAxServer APPEND PROPERTY
+      INTERFACE_BOOL_COMPATIBLE QT4_NO_LINK_QTMAIN)

uses the wrong name for the property, no?

This hunk:

+      cmake_policy(GET_WARNING CMP0020 warnMessage)
+      message(WARNING ${warnMessage})

should use message(AUTHOR_WARNING).  All policy warnings are for authors.

> Controling what is done by a cmake module is not something that has been
> done before and I had to extend the API to allow it. Is that acceptable?

Yes, I think so.  Please add a test for it.