Hi Folks,

Putting on my list moderation hat, I'd like to terminate the debate
in this thread.  Arguments on both sides have been hashed out a few
times.  Whether we all agree or not, some people find source globs
useful and it will not be disruptive to CMake to add an option to
add dependencies on the source directories to enable re-globbing.

On 05/13/2013 09:49 AM, Brad King wrote:
> This would be much better done as a change to CMake's implementation.
> We already generate a rule to re-run CMake when CMakeLists.txt and
> other files read by CMake change.  One could add an option to add
> directories to the dependencies of that rule too.  Look for the
> AddCMakeDependFile method for example.  If you go this route please
> post a proposed interface here first before diving into the effort
> of a patch.

I've outlined a method to achieve the requested effects.  Now we
just need a volunteer with time, interest, and capability to implement
it.  If you don't want to use the feature then you do not have to be
that volunteer.  When a volunteer comes along I will not reject the
patch based solely on debate of the feature's value (but may for other
technical details of the implementation as appropriate).