On 14/06/2013 03:24, Bill Hoffman wrote:
On 6/13/2013 7:35 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:

If anyone here is game to do a quick fix for the "Ninja" generator so
that is supports Fortran, I would be happy to help out by testing the
fix using the build_projects project on the Linux and Wine platforms
that are accessible to me.
There is no quick fix.  The fortran depend issue is not easily solved
which is why it is not yet implemented.  It will take several weeks of
development and some possible changes to ninja to accomplish this task.
  Sadly, I have not found a funding source or developer willing to
support this effort.

Even for C/C++, it could be interesting to have an option to make Ninja use pre-generated dependencies from the CMake scanner instead of special gcc commands to automagically generate them.

The code to deal with this already exists in the Make generator.