On 6/10/2013 1:25 AM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
Try commenting that out in  Windows-GNU.cmake like this:

#enable_language(RC)

Then see if it works.

Hi Bill:

I was glad you could access the attachment from the list version. So I
am putting this discussion back on the list so you can continue to do
that.

My own gut feeling is that commenting out "enable_language(RC)" is
simply trying to mask symptoms of a bug caused by the "NMake Makefiles
JOM" generator not initializing things correctly for the MinGW suite

Yes, of course, I was trying to debug your problem. That would obviously not be the final fix.

of compilers.  After all, generators that are compatible with the
MinGW suite of compilers execute Windows-GNU.cmake without issues.
Nevertheless, you may have had something definite in mind when
proposing this experiment so I did exactly what you suggested. The
cmake command (with "enable_language(RC) commented out") was invoked
like this:

bash.exe-3.1$ cmake --debug-trycompile -G"NMake Makefiles JOM" \
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc .. >& cmake.out

Try it  without the --debug-trycompile, that might mess things up.

-Bill