On 08/30/2013 06:49 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I've pushed the IMPORTED-target-SYSTEM-includes topic to my clone for review.
>
> It introduces a policy-controlled default handling of
> INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES from IMPORTED targets as SYSTEM. It also
> introduces a default-initialized target property to get the opposite
> behavior in the cases where that is wanted.

The wording in the warning is a bit confusing:

+              "property.  This will not cause the contents of the property "
+              "to be treated as system includes.";

As someone used to the old behavior I would read this and think
"Why are you warning me that nothing is changing?".

BTW, the policy number jumps to CMP0027.  This should be renumbered
if no other policies are introduced first.

OTOH, this policy will trigger on every target that links to libraries
providing usage requirements.  At most this is a difference between
-I and -isystem which affects compilation only in incidental ways.

Do we really need a policy?  Without one, projects will magically
start building with fewer unnecessary warnings.

> It also introduces a SYSTEM option to target_link_libraries because
> I'd already written the patch, but I'm not certain that's needed anymore.

This looks fine.