On 9/30/2013 11:24 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

For all other handlers it may happen that more than one coverage db is
found in the build tree and they would both be used. This is really
useful, e.g. if you want to have coverage for both C and Python code.
This will not work with the BullsEye handler involved. I think it would
be best if that would be refactored to have the same return values as
the other handlers. The file_count isn't really needed as file_count in
cmCTestCoverageHandler::ProcessHandler(), at least not in the first
half. It's just a marker "has anything been processed at all" there, so
it doesn't matter if the bullseye method returns 1 or the correct file
count there.

OK, I took a look at the code and the problem is in how ProcessHandler works. For the other handlers that keep track of lines covered and not branches, it does some processing at the end. That processing makes no sense for the branch based coverage of Bullseye. So, when Bullseye works it does not do any of the other summary stuff at the bottom nor do we want it too. It returns in that case. I had not considered the possibility of a project with more than one coverage thing going on at the same time. Certainly it would not make sense to do two different c++ coverages at the same time. However, you might want python or some other language.

-Bill