On 18/11/13 16:39, Robert Maynard wrote:
> I am understanding properly that the last paragraph properly, this will
> fix the problem that setting GIT_TAG to a named branch doesn't keep the
> branch up to date with the remotes version of the branch?

Yes, exactly... setting GIT_TAG to master (or any other branch) will
cause it to run git fetch, git stash (if necessary), git pull --rebase,
git stash pop.
At the end you will have the updated branch with your local commit on
top of it. If any error occurred, the state before the update will be
restored and you will have a FATAL_ERROR asking you to handle the
situation manually.

Daniele