On 01/15/2014 12:31 PM, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> Is there any issue in using
>   get_property(_libdir_set CACHE CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR PROPERTY TYPE SET)
> instead?

That should be fine.

> It is a bit complicated, but I added some documentation...

Thanks.

> I'm still not completely sure about what should happen if both the
> cache and normal variable exist
[snip]
> The user should still see
> the normal one, until he goes out of scope, though.

When set() sets a CACHE entry it erases the normal variable from the
current scope to expose the value of the cache entry.  However, the
set_property method of setting the cache value does not do this so
the normal one should persist as desired.  I did some manual testing
and it seems to work as expected.

This topic looks good to me.  Please merge to 'next' for testing.