On 2014-02-03 14:44, Stephen Kelly wrote:
Additionally, sphinx is not the only tool processing the rst. The kate
editor also does syntax highlighting of the blocks. It should (but currently
does not) highlight the 'invalid' cmake code as invalid.

I guess you mean that in a '..code-block:: cmake' block, kate should apply the CMake HL rules? (What about other languages; I guess the same argument would apply to e.g. C++, Python, etc?)

(Or do you mean that the CMake HL also doesn't mark the previous example as invalid? ...which it doesn't.)

Additionally, it is not actually valid cmake code.

While true, I think (Brad or someone can correct me if I'm wrong) the point is to support CMake reST extensions (automatic linking?) in the block.

--
Matthew