Am 08.04.2014 11:43, schrieb Stephen Kelly:
Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

Of course, it is easier to get features into the CMAKE_CXX_KNOWN_FEATURES list when there is only one compiler to test for on the dashboard. I'll add one C++98 feature to establish the infrastructure, but I don't intend
to be exhaustive about C++98 features. If you or anyone else has an
interest in doing so, I'd recommend getting them in early.

Cool. I think it would be good to get the stuff that is enabled by the
"-AA +hpxstd98" calls on HP-UX 11i into such a feature so we can make the "complex" testcase just select whatever is needed automatically instead of fiddling around to get the magic flags getting passed into that test to
make the C++ compiler behave like something useful.

Ok, I don't know anything about the features or flags of that compiler.

What features do you have in mind to add?

Working <iostream> (IIRC), or anything in std namespace. Basically it looks like the old HP compiler needs +hpxstd98 as compile flag to behave like a C++98 compiler at all, likely because that compiler line is indeed older than 1998 and that simply is not the default as for later versions of that compiler. And the -AA flag is also needed for, uhm, something, at least CMake doesn't build without it.

Eike