On 05/18/2014 04:47 AM, Greg Jung wrote:
> I'm trying to get cmake to build on a MSYS/Mingw system.

We have nightly testing of building CMake itself using both
the MSYS Makefiles generator and the MinGW Makefiles generator.
We even test running the "bootstrap" script on MSYS.

What is not working for you?  Are you launching from the MSYS
shell?

> As it is, cmake on windows doesn't get the "mounting" of /usr

The MSYS "soft mount" is a feature of the MSYS shell.  It maps
such paths in command lines to the corresponding Windows paths.
No other programs are expected to translate such paths.

> when I message the path-lists ... the semi-colons have disappeared

Put the variable reference inside a ""-quoted argument.