On 07/23/2014 08:16 AM, David Cole wrote:
> Thanks to Daniel, great work on this contribution... This is a ton of
> tedious work, but it will be very useful. Thank you *very much*.

+1

I've merged the topic to 'next' for testing, but without the CPack
or ExternalProject pieces.  Likely some more portability fixes
will be required after testing on the dashboard.  Once that is clean
I will add the other changes again on top of the revised topic.

> Two minor comments -- in the commit at the tip of this topic:

For reference, that change is to ExternalProject with hunks like:

-  if(filename MATCHES "(\\.|=)(bz2|tar\\.gz|tgz|zip)$")
+  if(filename MATCHES "(\\.|=)(xz|bz2|tar\\.gz|tgz|zip)$")

> I think the extensions should be alphabetized, and they should also
> include "7z" so folks can use the typically smaller 7z files with
> ExternalProject as well.

Thanks.  Actually I think adding "xz" is incorrect anyway.  We
support compressed tarballs, not arbitrary compressed files.
Therefore the list should be

  7z|bz2|tar\\.gz|tar\\.xz|tgz|txz|zip

correct?