On 01/14/2015 04:11 AM, Daniel Levin wrote:
> we need Ninja generator running on Windows with Unix environment.
[snip]
> is the only way to use Ninja with QNX toolchain on Windows.

Thanks for working on this.

Each generator corresponds to a specific build tool.  Users should
select a generator based on the build tool and environment in which
they want to run, not the toolchain they want to use.  Unless there
is a separate "ninja" tool for this environment that is distinct
from the Windows "ninja", this should not need a separate generator.
>From your patch it looks like you're still using a normal ninja tool
but wrapping all command lines inside 'sh.exe'.

Perhaps the main Ninja generator can be taught how to generate the
command lines for this toolchain.  Much of your work on the patch
so far could probably be re-used for this approach.  It may need
to be integrated differently, though.

Side note: Have you tried running the Cygwin versions of CMake and
Ninja to drive this toolchain?