On 02/12/2015 11:19 AM, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
> Please find attached the reworked patch

Great, thanks.  Now that we have the nightly testing worked out I've
committed this with minor tweaks as a draft of the change for testing:

 FindMatlab: Rewrite module and provide a usage API
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=1c7710e9

I have a few more comments to be addressed before merge to 'master'.
You can base further patches on the above-linked commit.

* Why is Matlab_VERSION_STRING cached?  Shouldn't it be computed
  every time from the matlab that was found?

* No find modules ever REALPATH the found values in case the user
  has a reason to keep the symlinks.  Why do we need to resolve
  symlinks in Matlab_MAIN_PROGRAM?

* Several if() calls are using explicit ${VAR} variable dereferences.
  Those should be converted to just if(VAR ...) to allow if() to
  implicitly dereference them and avoid surprises when their value
  happens to name another variable.

* I will remove the conditions on CMAKE_VERSION in the final upstream
  version because we know it always runs with the current CMake
  version.  You'll have to maintain a small patch on your external
  copy of the module for use with older CMake versions.