On 02/17/2015 01:43 PM, Robert Dailey wrote:
> Of course right now only Visual Studio and XCode support the toolset
> parameter

Correct.  Furthermore it is supported only for VS >= 10.

> I was thinking of a case in the future where
> Eclipse CDT4 or Code Blocks may support toolsets. Would these be
> implemented through global generators anyway? Does it make sense for
> extra generators to support toolset?

No.  Extra generators only ever work in conjunction with a normal
generator like Unix Makefiles.  The main generator determines the
toolchain.  The "extra" generators just write out information for
an IDE to browse the sources of the targets.  The only "build"
operation these generators have is that the IDEs may offer a button
to run "make" to drive the main generator's build rules.