Great, let us know if the test is clean! Cheers!

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad King [mailto:brad.k...@kitware.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 3:13 PM
To: Robert Goulet; Joshua Clayton
Cc: cmake-developers@cmake.org
Subject: Re: [cmake-developers] cmake install command expected performance?

On 02/26/2015 02:18 PM, Robert Goulet wrote:
> turns out to be 5000+ file open/close

Good catch!  It looks like it's been that way since manifest generation was
first added here:

 ENH: When installing project, write manifest
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=99feab35

I've applied your patch with a few tweaks to avoid a leading newline and
improve code formatting:

 install: Write the entire installation manifest at once
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=c4814174

> Please consider it for CMake 3.2!

Normally we don't take non-regression, non-new-feature-bugfix changes during a
release candidate cycle.  Given your antivirus config one could consider this
an environmental regression.  I'll consider it if it tests cleanly.