Hello Nils,

thank you for the pointers.

On 24/04/15 21:30, Nils Gladitz wrote:
On 24.04.2015 20:55, Gregor Jasny wrote:
Hello,

would it be possible to add generator expression support to CPack
so that I can use $<CONFIG> within CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME? I'm
using the CPack module from within my CMakeLists.txt.

I'm trying to generate unique file names per architecture and
configuration but multi config generators like Xcode make this
harder than expected.

You should be able to do this without generator expressions and just
CPACK_PROJECT_CONFIG_FILE [1] and CPACK_BUILD_CONFIG [2].
If you really do require/want generator expressions you should be able
to combine that with file(GENERATE) and include().

Unfortunately the CPACK_BUILD_CONFIG approach does only work for multi-config generators. As far as I understand CPACK_BUILD_CONFIG gets only set if the -C command line option was given to cpack. But this option is only added conditionally and omitted for Makefile builds:

void cmGlobalGenerator::CreateDefaultGlobalTargets(cmTargets* targets)
  if ( cmakeCfgIntDir && *cmakeCfgIntDir && cmakeCfgIntDir[0] != '.' )
    {
    singleLine.push_back("-C");
    singleLine.push_back(cmakeCfgIntDir);
    }

Now I'm just wondering if conditionally setting -C / CPACK_BUILD_CONFIG is the right thing to do?

Thanks,
Gregor