On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 13:53:42 -0400, Brad King wrote:
> On 05/05/2015 04:11 PM, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> > Does anyone have any issue with remove `-i` from the implicit flags from
> > makefile generators with the build command (ctest_build)?
>
> We can change it with explicit options to the relevant commands and
> also add a policy to change the default (leaving the explicit options
> as a way to enable the old behavior).

I really question the old behavior at all (it's not like it made things
magically "work"), but OK :/ . I'd be OK with replacing it with `-k`
without a policy though (it does the same thing but makes the exit
code...useful).

> There are two places that do this:
>
> * The build_command() command is called by the CTest module to
>   initialize the MAKECOMMAND cache entry.  This is used by
>   'ctest -M $mode -T Build' to drive the build of an existing tree.
>   This can be overridden by setting the cache entry manually.
>
> * The ctest_build() command generates the build command line.
>   This can be overridden by setting CTEST_BUILD_COMMAND in the
>   script before calling ctest_build().  These days it just needs
>   to be something like "cmake --build . --config Debug".

Heh. We were setting MAKECOMMAND, but using ctest_build. Seems the
documentation could use some sprucing up :) .

> Both cases call GenerateCMakeBuildCommand on the global generator
> to generate the "cmake --build" command line.

Yeah, I found that; I have a local branch which excises the `-i`
altogether ;) .

--Ben