> It would have been hard to ship a missing binary in the patch :)

True :)

> Apparently in this package
> https://packages.debian.org/fr/sid/dpkg-dev
>
> that comes also with "build-essential"

I actually prefer having one vanilla installation for basic testing so
I'll stick with it.

> BTW, is it the intended behaviour to log "message(...)" from CPackDeb.cmake
> onto stderr?

That's the default way of printing out with message(...) command so
I'm not certain if that can be changed with mode but since for years
the entire module prints to stderr I'm not certain if changing that
would be a smart thing to do.

>> Next I'll take a look at you documentation patch and the comments that
>> came along it that mail.
>

> Many thanks! since it is only one file to merge, I can do that as well.

I won't be working on that until tonight (10-11 pm and I think we're
in the same time zone) so if you'd like you can send a new patch. I've
already merged parts of it with other commits.

Regarding the CPACK_PACKAGE_CONTACT not being used elsewhere - there's
a request for similar functionality in CPackRPM so I intend to use it
there as well. It should stay.

Regards,
Domen