On 05/27/2015 05:49 PM, Richard Ulrich wrote:
> So with this patch, I can define regex replace rules to group the
> external libraries together.

Nice.  Thanks for working on this.

> since cmake has to compile with older compilers

Yes.

> I extracted the RegexReplace functionality
> from the string processor, and put it in a new file. For the moment I
> commented out the error reporting. I'm not sure how that would be
> handled best. That's where I could use some input.

The string() command implementation can be refactored out into
an internal helper as you propose.  That internal helper will
need to define an abstraction for the error cases so that the
cmGraphVizWriter can capture the errors too.  Then the string()
implementation can capture them and transform them back into
the original error messages.